There’s nothing complicated about this: it’s a smoothie with four ingredients, and one of them is water. Could something so simple be so delicious? Yes!
The Sweet & Simple Strawberry-Mango Smoothie
- 7 strawberries
- 1 champagne mango
- 1.5 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 cup of filtered water
- Rinse the strawberries. Slice or pull off the green tops.
- Stand the mango vertically on a cutting board with your hand holding it on the top. To peel it, run a very sharp knife from the top down to the bottom. Quarter turn the mango until all the skin is peeled off. You should be left with a little disc of skin on the top where you were holding the mango and on the very bottom where your knife couldn’t reach – leave those for now as handholds. In the same fashion as before (slicing from top to bottom and standing the mango up vertically), slice pieces off the mango. Cut thicker slices on the flat side of the pit. Cut as close to the pit as possible, and don’t forget to cut the fruit off the ends, too.
- Place the strawberries, mango slices, and 1.5 tablespoons of almond butter in a food processor. Process for 30 seconds, or until everything is smooth and incorporated. Turn the processor off, and scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Turn the processor on, and drizzle in the cup of water. Process for a few more seconds.
- Pour the smoothie into a to-go cup or mason jar, and enjoy!