One secret to a having a good, healthy lunch is having breakfast. It’s easy to skip or skimp on this meal, but the truth is, bad breakfasts often lead to sugar-deprived decisions about food. How often have you been so hungry at 10:00 am that you’ve ruined lunch with a trip to a vending machine?
Goji Berry & Banana Smoothie with Chia Seeds:
- 1-1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- a small handful of walnuts
- 1/4 cup of dried goji berries, re-hydrated
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 tbs of flax meal
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a dash of vanilla
- 1 tbs of chia seeds
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor, except for the coconut milk and chia seeds. Process for 30 seconds. Then scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Turn the processor on and pour in the coconut milk. Add a bit of water if the mixture is too thick.
- Pour the smoothie into a mason jar or a to-go cup. Sprinkle the chia seeds in, and stir.
- Drink right away, or wait 30-45 minutes for the seeds to plump.
Mason jars are my favorite. I’ve refashioned mine into to-go cups by cutting a plastic container lid to fit the jar. I add a hole for a reusable straw, and presto! It’s not leak proof, but it does just fine for breakfast on the road or at a desk.