The best souvenir from my trip to Maine was this slice of my dad’s pie. I packed it for the plane ride west.
- Wild Raspberry Pie
- Farro Pilaf with Spinach Salad
- Hummus & Carrots
- 2 upcycled plastic containers
- wax paper
- 1 spoon, with the end broken off
Wild Raspberry Pie:
- 1 piece of raspberry pie, sliced like an equilateral triangle
- a little extra bit of pie
- Put the pie slice in the container.
- Slice or break off the pie’s upper crust. Set it next to the pie on one side.
- Stuff as much of the extra bit of pie into the container.
- Secure the container lid.
Farro Pilaf with Spinach Salad and Hummus & Carrots:
- 1/2 cup of farro pilaf
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1 tbs of cilantro hummus
- 2 small carrots
Eating spinach with a spoon was a little difficult. Next time, I would make the spinach spoon-friendly by giving it a coarse chop.
- Set the spinach at the bottom of the container. Cut a circle of wax paper and lay it on top of the spinach.
- Spoon the farro pilaf on top of the paper and off to one side of the container.
- Scoop the the hummus on top of the paper and next to the farro.
- Scrub the carrots, and slice them into coins or thin chips. Put them next to the hummus.
- Cut another circle of wax paper, and set the spoon on top. Secure the lid.
When the flight attendants came by with the beverage service, I asked for tea. Then I enjoy the meal and the scenery.