What is better than a dinner of homemade pizza with fresh homemade mozzarella? I do not hesitate to say it’s the leftovers. I also believe this is true for most of the meals we have taken the time to make from scratch. It is because the leftovers from a great meal can become the superstar of a next-day lunch.
- Appetizer: Nutty Spinach Salad with a Pair of Pickled Vegetables
- Entree: Homemade Pizza Leftovers
- Drink: Sweet & Spicy Chilled Tea
- 1 tupperware
- wax paper
- 1 reusable plastic fork
Nutty Spinach Salad with a Pair of Pickled Vegetables:
- 4-6 slices of pickled beets
- 3 florets of cauliflower mustard pickles
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of the mustard pickle liquid
- 1 cup of loosely packed baby spinach
- 2-3 tbs. of hemp seed hearts
- 1 small handful of pecans
- Lay the pickled beet slices in the bottom of the container.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower florets. Place them in the bottom of the container next to the beets.
- Drizzle the pickling liquid and olive oil on top of beets and chopped cauliflower.
- Cut a square of wax paper, and lay it on top of the beets and cauliflower.
- Lay the spinach on top of the wax paper. Sprinkle the hemp seed hearts and pecans on top of the spinach.
Homemade Pizza Leftovers:
- 2-3 small slices of leftover pizza
- Cut a square of wax paper, and lay it on top of the spinach.
- Lay the pizza slices on top of the paper.
- Rest the plastic fork on top of the pizza and along the container’s diagonal axis.
- Secure the container lid.
- Lunch-Time Assembly: When you are ready for lunch, use the container lid as a plate for your pizza. Gently pull out the wax paper dividers. Using the fork, gently toss the salad.
Sweet & Spicy Chilled Tea:
(prepare the night before)
- 1 tea bag of Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Tea
- 4 cups of simmering water
- Pour the simmering water into a glass dish. Steep the tea in the water for 5-10 minutes, according to your preference.
- After the tea has cooled a little, pour it into your water bottle and chill overnight.