- Appetizer: Carrot & Cucumber Sticks with Hummus
- Entrée: Spaghetti Squash Leftovers with Coarse Pesto
- Snack: Sourdough Bread with PB&J Dip
- Breakfast On-the-Go: Butternut Squash Muffins
- 1 mini mason jar
- 2 upcycled plastic containers
- 1 partitioned metal container
- 1 Ziploc bag
Carrot & Cucumber Sticks with Hummus:
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 2-3 tbs. of hummus
- 1 pinch of paprika
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- Peel the carrot, and cut off the ends. Cut the carrot into sticks according to how you like them, keeping in mind the size of your container. Do the same with your cucumber
- Place the cucumber and carrot sticks in the partitioned metal container. Secure the lid.
- For the hummus, I had just enough left for lunch, and I packed it in the original container after sprinkling the paprika and cayenne on it for an extra bit of flavor.
Spaghetti Squash Leftover with Quick Coarse Pesto:
- 1 cup of leftover spaghetti squash
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 handful of shelled pistachios
- 2 tsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch of herb salt
- 1-2 tbs. of shredded pecorino-romano cheese (optional)
- Scrape the leftover spaghetti squash from the rind. Place in the upcycled plastic container.
- Place the spinach and the pistachios on a cutting board in a mound. Chop them, focusing on the pistachios and continuously reforming the mound. Quit when the spinach and pistachios are roughly the same size. Put this mixture on top of the spaghetti squash.
- Pour the olive oil and balsamic on top of the spinach and pistachios. Sprinkle the cheese on top, and garnish with the herb salt.
- Secure the container lid. Tomorrow, stir everything up at lunch and enjoy.
Sourdough Bread with PB&J Dip:
- 1 sourdough bread round (leftover from takeout)
- 2 tbs. of peanut butter
- 1 tbs. of apricot jam
- Place the sourdough bread round in the Ziploc bag and seal.
- Scoop the peanut butter into the mini mason jar. Top with the apricot jam. Secure the lid.
Butternut Squash Muffins:
- 2 small butternut squash muffins
- The recipe for these muffins came from my CSA’s weekly recipe post. Check it out here.
- Place the butternut squash muffins in the upcycled plastic container.